Friday, June 20, 2008

Scary Camping Trip.

We took the trailer out on Wed. night for a quick trial run. It took forever to get things up and going when we finally got to the site things seemed to be going great. I left to go pay the camp host and make a few phone calls the girls were playing games in the camper and Brandon was working on the battery, he thought Luke was with the girls, after 10 min. he decided to check on the kids. And no Luke!! He sent the girls around to other sites and to the bathrooms while he took off on the hiking trail next to our spot. He was certain that Luke would take the easiest route the trail lead to a river which is never a good thing with a two year old. I got back 30 minutes later and Mia was at our site crying, Jada was on the trail searching with her Dad. I found out what was going on and headed the opposite way of Brandon yelling for Luke. After about 10-15 more minutes I decided to go ask the camp host to come help us. On the way over I heard faint crying I stopped and listened then took off up the hill following the crying. I found him by a fence under a big pine tree straight up the steepest mountain, he didn't take the easy route but blazed his own trail. So lesson learned must keep Luke in eye sight at all times but at least I know he likes to hike!

No comments: