Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh the Drama of Student Government

Mia had a major life disappointment today. She didn't make Student Council.
This is my girl to which all things academic come easy (cartwheels, walking without falling, standing, etc. those are things she is used to failing at) but until today anything to do with school she thought was a sure thing.
She broke the news with a happy face but when I asked who made it the tears started flowing as she listed some of her best friends. I must say even though she is disappointed she is very happy for her friends.
Lucky she is like her mother and a good dose of ice cream or chocolate can help ease the sting. We are off to have a Mommy/ Daughter bummer I didn't make it treat after dinner.


6 comments:

Becca said...

I COULD NOT FEEL MORE FOR YOU!
If she would like to talk to the
VP runner-up 2008 Logan ,UT
Give us a call.
Life does indeed go on and Madison even invited herself to the student goverment meetings after her defeat and there is a tender part of Student Goverment now.
Called the house of representitives
AKA- Runner's up.

My situation may have been a titch easier because she lost to a cute little disabled girl...Imagine the life lessons that came out of that.
Chin Up Maya....I hear you are a member of the Elite GATE community, I think that is way funner than Student Goverment!

Monica said...

Oh, this makes me so sad for Maya. She was such a sweetheart telling me how happy she was for Canyon. Glad a helping of double chocolate could help take the sting off. Love that girl.

Danielle said...

We had similar disappointment at our house, along with the tears. It was so hard to watch her be so disappointed.

Audrey said...

Curse disappointment. It sucks. You know I identify with Mia, so here is my advice. Get Mia the diet coke and treat diet...it will get her through many hard times.

Heather said...

No wonder there are so many idiots in politics. All the good candidates get pushed out in the fourth grade.

Jessie said...

I know how it feels... I tried out for student government (twice), The Laytones, cheerleading (in Jr. high), soft ball and didn't make any of them. The good news is, look how awesome I am! I did however get to slip-n-slide through chocolate pudding during an assembly and make posters that said "Don't let this year be messy, VOTE FOR JESSIE!" Now, why I didn't make it is still a mystery.