Friday, November 6, 2009

The Ride






I could hardly wait to bike ride in Moab. I've never done it even with my hippie tree huggin past. I read up on some of the different rides they had them rated 1 to 4 with 4 being hard. I wasn't worried I mean really, I totally conquered Dutch Hollow (ok maybe not conquer but I felt experienced enough) I have my old homegrown Schwinn that sparkles in the sun and was a very good bike back in 1999. I should have taken a hint when the people riding in the van started making fun of the Schwinn on top I should have ran when I looked around and saw some of the body armor people had on. The van driver took one look at me in my workout gear and michael Jackson riding gloves and decided to show me the one bail out point if the 30 mile ride got too technical or if I was in danger of bleeding or freezing to death. That was enough for me I was going to show these gloating, armor wearing, full suspension riding fools that I was capable of riding their supid little trail.
and....... I did it!!
I only flew over the handle bars twice. I did almost freeze to death at the top but my loving husband gave me his gloves and sweatshirt (if that's not true love I don't know what is) and the best part is I would do it again. (with body armor, better gloves, and a full suspension bike.)

5 comments:

Andrea and Kasey said...

so funny :) you are awesome, I love it-

Danielle said...

Body armor and suspension are for wimps. Way to go.

Monica said...

I still can't believe this!

Heather said...

That's awesome! Way to go.

Audrey said...

Yay for you!!!! You are hard core :)