Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rain, Rain, We Still Can Play!!

We tried going for a drive to see if we could find a place to hike or a new beach to explore. Most roads looked like this and the rental mini van didn't stand a chance.

Not a pond!! This is the public parking lot for Poipu Beach.

I thought if I kept my sunglasses on maybe the sun would come back out.

Puddle splashing at a strip mall. Luke is famous, a bunch of ladies took his picture while we was jumping, sliding, and falling in the pouring rain.


So some of my big plans for this years trip had to be put off for another two years. We experienced record rainfall the last three days. Good thing it stays warm but lots of roads were closed and swimming in the ocean was a no go. We swam in the pool, puddles, and just enjoyed family time.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Mark's dad was there last week too and told us about ALL the rain. I guess even rainy Hawaii is still better than snowy, cold Utah!

Jessica said...

Lukie is a model in his Hawaiian shirt.I am glad you still had fun-it is still Hawaii right.

jennie said...

Looks like fun!- I love how the air feels in Hawaii- so much better than bitter freezing cold Utah!

Monica said...

I'm pretty sure that even a rainy hawaii is far far better than no hawaii. Luke is famous every where he goes. I swear he is already a legend here in H town.

thebarrusfamily said...

Where are you? Did you go to Hawaii? I want to go there so badly! I'm hoping to go with Jason this Spring. We'll see if we can bribe some family members into watching out kids for a while.