Friday, January 9, 2009

Lovin Monster Trucks


Luke the proud owner of lots and lots of Monster trucks notices if even one goes missing. Unfortunately he is not one to easily forget things. Last month after spending days driving trucks in the sand he was excited to try it in the snow, wasn't the same. He came in disappointed and extremely cold and left the Destroyer outside. He kept asking me to go get it. I put it off and then the snow storms kept coming, needless to say Destroyer became buried in a cold tomb of winter but not forgotten!
After weeks of tears and heartache I finally put on boots at 10PM and headed out to the front yard with a shovel and began digging, Luke eagerly watching from the front window. Common sense (in the form of Brandon) hit me, a new truck cost 4$ not worth digging up the front yard late at night so today Luke is very happy with a new destroyer from Walgreens and we will both patiently await the arrival of spring when the old one will reappear.

5 comments:

jennie said...

what a mom! I love the image of you outside at 10 pm digging for a toy truck, so sweet.

Monica said...

Luke will be so happy when Destroyer meets his identical twin.
I award you mom of the year for trying.

Danielle said...

I love that you went out digging! What a cool mom you are!

Cher said...

Janelle that is so funny. I have watched 3 sleds and one pair of mittens slowly disappear in the back yard after each snow storm. I keep my eye on them out my bedroom window and have the thought at least once a day of how I'm gonna go dig them out but it never happens. At this point I think the mittens are a lost cause but I could probably still find the sleds.

Jen Hallam said...

I think all Luke's come pre-wired to love trucks. Boys are so great. Cute kids!