Monday, September 1, 2008

10 K!


Completed my first 10k! Went something like this:
1) I decide after running a 5 k that 10 would be even better, Monica is game for anything Ali jumps on board and superstar Jenn says "why not I could use another medal."
2) Monica uses her internet skills to find a training program we train diligently for a month with only minor complications (see Monicas blog for details)
3) Night before we carb up on pasta. Then all go home nervous and unable to sleep.
4) Morning of we check out the competition; all those freaks with 0% body fat and muscles bulging in their legs, decide maybe we got in over our heads but too late to back out. After a few bathroom trips we are ready to roll.
5) The race is on! My awsome parents drove all the way out in the middle of the night to watch me do this so I have my own fan club on the sidelines pretty cool!
6) Jenn took off never to be seen again, Ali and I stayed side by side (minus one sunglasses drop) we thought we were hot stuff until a 71 year old man flew by.
7) Results Jenn placed (of course) Ali and I made our goal to be under an hour and Monica technically made her goal under an hour if you take out the time it took to tie her shoe. So good job to the hottie trotties (Monica's name for our future relay team)

side note: now I am sick sick sick with some sinus thingy. I felt it coming on last week and willed it away until after the race but it sure did hit hard. Hopefully I will get ride of it by this weekend maybe another race?

6 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for trying to make me feel better for missing my mark. Yeah it probably was that shoe lace tying incident that cost me those precious seconds.. I will just keep telling myself that. Dang it I really suck..it was fun anyway though. Ready for the next?? Go away sinus crap thing...just go away!

Audrey said...

Congrats!!!

Jenn said...

Am I that cocky?? Although I am enjoying my 3rd place beer mug! Great job to all of us, sorry to hear about the sinus stuff that is no fun, hope it is better soon our relay is quickly approaching, maybe too quickly but I am still game.

Jenny said...

Janelle, you're awesome.

Jessica said...

Good job Janelle! You are so dedicated! Congratulations!!!

Brooke and Justin said...

Way to go on the 10k!! Now you are ready for a 1/2 marathon! How about the Ogden 1/2? I may do it again this year. My family all did it last year and it is a great course.
Your family looks great! I was glad to see you post on Kamie's blog. That's how I found you.